Next Generation Family Practice, PLLC is proud to provide care through a model known as a Patient-Centered Medical Home. A Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). is a national model for healthcare that seeks to improve personal relationships between the provider, patient and the healthcare team, no matter what the medical needs. This means, whether your needs are primary care, acute care, preventative care, a specialist referral or whatever your individual needs, you can count on Next Generation Family Practice to coordinate – and be the “home base” of those efforts, making it easier for you as a patient.
How will it benefit you? That’s as easy as ABC!
- An active healthcare team that partners in your health
- Better access to care 24/7
- Coordination between our office and hospitals, urgent care facilities, specialists and other community services
A Patient-Centered Medical Home can also save you time and money through better attention to your needs, decreasing the need for emergency room visits and repeat testing, as well as an improved relationship between you and your health care team. We also offer more access to service, including walk-in services including blood pressure checks, diabetic blood sugar checks, TB checks, immunizations, and seasonal flu shots. (Please call first to make sure vaccinations are in supply.)
As a PATIENT, we will strive to provide you with the following:
- A high quality of medical care, respectful of your personal beliefs, values, and dignity
- An explanation of services in an understandable way
- Access to advocacy or protection services, if needed
- Patient privacy as protected to the extent of the law
- Timely access to medical records
- A forum to hear suggestions and implement improvements based on patient feedback.
Important Contact Information:
Office Phone: (517)853-0781
Monday 7:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday 7:00am to 4:00pm
Wednesday 8:00am to 7:00pm
Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed
Open for lunchtime appointments
Phone Shortcuts: (517)853-0781.
- Prescriptions: 1
- Referrals/Medical Records: 2
- Address/Office Hours: 3
- General Mailbox: 4
- Lab Result Requests: 5
After hours, immediate care through our answering service: (517)487-2738
Urgent care: Lansing Urgent Care (517)333-9200. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. 9 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. 6 p.m.
Our Website: nextgenerationfp.com. A source for patient information, prescription refills, record requests and lab results.
Our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to abide by federal privacy regulations, we cannot accept any email that contains personal health information. Such emails will be deleted. Patients are advised to create a portal account or call our office in regards to health concerns.
As a TEAM, it is necessary we work together to meet your health goals.
Please bring the following to each appointment so we can best serve your needs:
- List of current medications including prescriptions written by our office and other providers, over the counter medicines, vitamins, supplements and medical marijuana. (Our requires blood testing for all narcotics prescriptions, and will not prescribe narcotics if you test positive for marijuana or illegal substances.)
- List of questions/concerns you would like to discuss with a member of the team.
- Information about recent urgent care visits, trips to the emergency room, labs, tests, or changes in your health.
- List of recent blood sugar levels, if you have diabetes.
You are also responsible for:
- Taking all medications, as prescribed.
- Coordinating care with our office and providers even in cases of specialist, and after-hours urgent care, unless your health needs are perceived to be life-threatening.
- Keeping all scheduled appointments.
- Understanding your insurance coverage, and being prepared to pay copayments and balances at time of appointment
- For your convenience, we accept check, Visa, MasterCard and cash.
- If at any time you have a question about your bill, or wish to arrange payments call our our office, we will direct you to the right person.
- The balance and copay owed, is a result of your selected insurance plan. Please note: copay and deductible amounts, are never paid by your insurance, and our office can only collect payment from the patient.
- Patients will be asked to sign a payment policy stating they understand they are responsible for balances owed.
- Addressing complaints respectfully, privately, and in a non-disruptive manner, remaining personally respectful of other patients.
More Information for Blue Cross Blue Shield Patients.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield is working with doctors, healthcare advocates, the government and employers to develop and test the Patient-Centered Medical Home model. For more on its efforts click visit the Blue Cross Blue Shield website